|Combi-Lib is an improved library compared to the Standard Library. Here are some of the features:
- Nautical directions (starboard, port, forward, aft aboard ships, star ships etc)
- Transparent containers
- Avoid breaking the game with Undo when the player dies (called Fake Ending)
- Objects and characters may now have the same nouns without causing problems with examine etc.
- Improved conversation such as "tell about (lazy)" and "talk to character".
- Added true "look in object", "look under object" etc tasks instead of executing EXAMINE OBJECT
- Several new tasks such as tie, untie, shoot, fire, move and several new throw-tasks.
There are several other improvements described in the included Readme task.
Be careful! Do not select the included library when loading an existing game, as this library will then overwrite the library in your existing game.
The safest approach is to never select any libraries and use the taf-file as a starting point for all new games.
(By Kenneth Pedersen - search term)